March 09, 2021
by Georgia Frank
This recipe is inspired by an old-fashioned honey cookie.
Originating in Germany, classic honey cookies are soft, round cookies, flavored with warm spices.
Anticipating spring around the corner, and inspired by Adagio’s new whipped honey
- these cookies are the perfect March treat!
In lieu of spices, we chose Adagio’s Honeybush Hazelnut
as the sweet seasoning. The Honeybush Hazelnut has a well-rounded nutty flavor with sweet notes brought to life by Adagio’s Whipped Honey - Matcha
. The matcha’s sweet honey and earthiness is a perfect pairing with Honeybush Hazelnut!
Enjoy cookies with a hot cup of Honeybush Hazelnut and an extra drizzle of Matcha Honey and they will remind you of a beautiful early spring day with the flora fresh in bloom.
Petit chewy honey cookies, made with Adagio's Matcha Honey and infused with Adagio's Honeybush Hazelnut. Yields 20 to 40 cookies (depending on cookie size.)
- 1 Tbsp Honeybush Hazelnut
- 1 cup salted butter, (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Whipped Honey - Matcha
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350, Line and grease large cookie sheet.
- In a spice grinder or food processor, blend Adagio's Honeybush Hazelnut in a fine consistency.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and ground tea to a large mixing bowl. Use a mixer or fold with a spatula everything together until butter and sugar are creamed together.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and Adagio's Matcha Honey to the creamed butter. Mix or fold together.
- Add flour and baking soda to the mixture and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Scope tablespoon-sized balls from the dough and lightly roll into a ball. Place balls on the cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 to 12. Tops of cookies will just be turning golden brown.
- After baking, allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes.
Finally, with a spoon, drizzle cookies with additional Whipped Honey - Matcha. Serve and enjoy! Store at room temperature in an airtight container
Honeybush Hazelnut is this month's TeaChef recipe competition
! Head over there to submit your own creations to potentially win a $50 gift card to Adagio!