August 02, 2022
by Georgia Frank
After enjoying the August heat, cool down with a delicious chilly treat! This drink is incredibly easy to make and a total crowd pleaser. This is a twist on the classic cocktail with the addition of refreshing iced tea and sweet strawberry syrup! Customize this drink to your audience, by choosing to serve it as a cocktail or mocktail. Both options are flavorful and fun!
I made this recipe inspired by Adagio’s popular fan favorite, Peach Bellini Iced Tea
! Adagio’s Peach Bellini Iced Tea, is a peachy refresher flavored with additional zesty sweetness from strawberries, mango, pineapple, and papaya.
Our frozen bellini recipe will make these bright flavors pop with the extra addition of Strawberry Infused Syrup. A drizzle of this syrup in this mixed drink adds the perfect amount of sweetness and makes for a delightful presentation!
What is a Bellini?
A Bellini is a classic cocktail made with Prosecco and peach puree. Originally from Italy, it is now known as a brunch time staple, along with the mimosa. It is made creamy by the smooth peach puree and nectar mixed with the sparkling wine. Traditionally, a Bellini is served in a champagne flute.
What is Strawberry Infused Syrup?
Strawberry Infused Syrup is a simple syrup infused with strawberries. Simple syrups are just that, simple to make! With only sugar, water, and some patience while it all comes together, it is easy to make this versatile ingredient at home. The infusion of the strawberries into the syrup adds lots of delicious strawberry flavor! The berries also give the syrup a stunning red color! Your syrup with last for about a month when stored in an airtight container and refrigerated. If you are pouring the hot syrup into a glass container, make to warm the glass under warm water to avoid cracking. Be sure to make extra syrup to enjoy on all your summer desserts, cocktails, and teas!
Can I use frozen peaches?
Yes! Frozen peaches are a fine substitute and easy if you enjoy this drink year around.
How about frozen strawberries?
Yep! No need to thaw either, just add frozen.
Can I make this a mocktail?
Absolutely! This recipe will make a fantastic alcohol-free beverage. The Processo in this recipe can be substituted with any sparkling drink. For the mocktail version, we recommend sparkling juice, sparkling water or seltzer.
What equipment will I need?
To make the Frozen Peach Bellini Tea the equipment will need are an ice cube tray, mesh strainer, and blender!
How do I prepare Adagio’s Peach Bellini Iced Tea?
Preparing the tea is simple and should be done ahead of making the Frozen Peach Bellini Teas. The instructions on how to brew the tea with hot and cold water will be found on the packaging. The recommended recipe for this tea is a cold brew recipe. This is made by placing one pouch of ice tea into 1 quart of water. Leave it overnight in the refrigerator and it’ll be ready by morning! For more helpful tips on brewing, check out this Adagio article, How To Brew The Perfect Iced Tea: Adagio's Pouches And Pitchers.
Make your ice ahead of time!
For this recipe, you’ll be making your own ice cubes with your Peach Bellini Iced Tea! This will infuse your cocktail with so much delicious peach and tropical flavor from Adagio’s Peach Bellini Iced Tea! This is truly what makes this drink unique and like no other. We want as much Adagio flavor as possible! When your iced tea is brewed, pour 1 cup out and set it to the side. Pour the remaining 3 cups into an ice cube tray and place them into the freezer. Ice should be ready to use in 3-4 hours.
Get syrup ready!
When it’s time to start serving your drink, you’ll want to make sure your syrup is ready to go! Plan ahead and make the syrup while you’re preparing your ice. This will allow time for the syrup to cool so your Frozen Peach Bellini Tea won’t melt!
Frozen Peach Bellini Tea with Strawberry Infused Syrup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
IngredientsFrozen Peach Bellini Tea
● 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen peaches (about 3 fresh peaches)
● 1 ½ Peach Bellini Iced Tea ice cubes
● 1 ¼ cup Prosecco
Strawberry Infused Syrup
● 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
● 2 cups water
● 2 cups sugar
Strawberry Infused Syrup
1. Prepare berries. For fresh berries, clean, hull, and cut into quarters. If strawberries are bigger than normal, cut them into smaller pieces. For frozen berries, use them as is. Not thawing is needed.
2. Combine berries, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Set on the stove over medium heat.
3. Slowly stir over heat. As you stir, use the back of your spoon to smash berries.
4. Raise the heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to stir to assure sugar is dissolving.
5. Bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
6. Remove from stove and strain syrup.
7. Set syrup aside until completely cooled. Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Frozen Peach Bellini Tea
1. Brew Peach Bellini Iced Tea. Follow instructions on the package to brew. Set 1 cup aside and enjoy the rest.
2. Combine peaches, ice, Peach Bellini Iced Tea, and club soda/sparkling wine in a blender.
3. Cover and blend until all ingredients are combined and completely smooth.
4. Pour into a champagne flute or any festive glass, leaving some space at the top.
5. Top with 1-2 Tlbs of Strawberry Infused Syrup, and enjoy!
Check out this month's TeaChef recipe competition
! Head over there to submit your own creations to potentially win a $50 gift card to Adagio!