October 11, 2022
by Jessica Foley
Tea lovers have the opportunity to sample 60 of Adagio’s tea blends in a year with their newly revamped Tea of the Month
Every month, five sample-sized pouches of loose tea will be delivered to your door, with enough tea to make up to 50 delicious cups!
Three Great Options
With three options to choose from, adventurous tea enthusiasts are sure to find new favorites and enjoy classic flavors in all three available subscription preferences. Each month promises a new selection of blends, so there’s no repetition, and Tea of the Month subscribers can enjoy a wide range of Adagio’s available tea blends.
The Popular Club
This club features 60 of the most popular teas and blends that Adagio has to offer. This club has a mix of varieties including black, oolong, white, green, and herbals. This is a great option for someone who enjoys flavored teas as well as true teas.
With the popular teas, subscribers get a bit of everything: caffeinated, decaffeinated, flavored, and unflavored blends.
The Decaf Club
The Decaf club is great for someone who doesn't want caffeine in their teas. This club includes 60 teas that offer decaf to no caffeine.
The decaffeinated option includes all of Adagios decaf options, as well as some herbals, wellness, rooibos, and honeybush teas.
From fruity tisanes to herbaceous herbals, this isn't one to miss!
The Gourmet Club
Are you or someone you know looking for a deeper tea experience? The Gourmet club includes 60 single origin teas from both our Adagio and Masters Teas line.
And with these premium teas – which are a little more per month than the others – subscribers end up tasting nearly all of Adagio’s unflavored, higher-end teas: black, green, white, oolong, and pu-erh.
These higher-end and more exclusive teas offer a unique tea experience that's hard to find!
The Tea of the Month subscription makes a great gift for tea connoisseurs and those new to teas as well. From decaf options to premium, high-end blends, there’s a package that will please every tea drinker in your life.
All three clubs, no matter which you choose, offer three delivery options.
Choose to pay monthly, or save up to 15% with 6 or 12 month commitments. No matter your selection, healthy living through tea is both easy and affordable.
In order to get the most out of your Tea of the Month subscription, we’ve put together a few tips and tricks to enhance your tea sampling journey:
How to Brew Loose Leaf Tea
All of Adagio’s tea packaging comes with steeping directions, so even those completely new to tea have a guideline to follow. Here are a few more tips to brew the perfect cup:
· Use filtered water that has not been boiled already – water that is too ‘hard’ (has too many minerals) will extract too much astringency from the tea leaves, creating a bitter taste.
· Portion the tea correctly – too much tea will make the cup bitter, and too little creates a ‘weak cup’ (meaning it will lack flavor.)
· Pay attention to the temperature – delicate teas will suffer if the water is too hot, and sturdy teas like black and oolong need the heat to release their flavors. Adagio puts the preferred steeping temperature on each package.
· And pay attention to the time – most teas steep between 3 and 5 minutes. Black teas will often overstep after 5 minutes. A few more delicate teas only need two.
Be sure to check the package for steeping time and temperature.
Read more about how to brew the perfect cup here
Proper Equipment is a Must
Tea should be allowed to steep loosely in an infuser or teapot. Many leaves come rolled and need space to expand and release their delicate aromas and flavors.
Infusers come in a range of sizes and styles to support all the types of herbal and leaf teas available. For more details on choosing an infuser for your favorite blends, check out our previous article on the Tea Blog
Teapots are the classic way of extracting the delicate tastes and smells from loose tea. They also come in a variety of materials and sizes for all tea enthusiasts. Cast iron, glass and ceramic are the most common materials, with sizes ranging from personal cup to tea-party sized to enjoy with friends. Learn more about how to choose a teapot in this previous article
Store Your Teas Properly for Maximum Life
Every tea connoisseur has a variety of tea blends open at one time, don’t they? Moods change throughout the days and weeks, and what felt right today may not be the tea you’re desiring tomorrow.
So how do you store teas to keep them fresh as long as possible? Try these simple tips:
· Keep it dark: Store tea away from light sources, as light can cause tea to fade and create a lifeless brew.
· Do not put it in the fridge or freezer: Fridges and freezers can create moisture inside the packaging. Keep the tea in a cool place, but not a refrigerated one.
· Keep containers or pouches firmly closed: Tea can absorb odors, and will degrade if left exposed to air.
Learn more about tea storage, including proper containers, and what to do with old tea, in this previous article
What are you waiting for? Sign up, or gift a selection today