sampler set contains
fujian silver needle
- Our Masters Collection premium Fujian Silver Needle, or Bai Hao Yin Zhen, is made with fine silvery down bearing buds from carefully reared tea bushes in the Fuding area of Fujian, China. Hand picked, this precious white tea shows the care and skill of the proud farmers. In the cup, these extra fine Silver Needle buds offer a buttery-creamy mouthfeel and wonderfully sweet, honeydew melon notes with a creamy cucumber lingering finish.
fujian jasmine pearl
- Hand-rolled green tea from the Fujian province of China, infused with the delicate scent of night-blooming jasmine. Each pearl is made up of just one leaf and an unopened bud, which unfold to release a delicate floral fragrance, and a liquor of soft texture and delicately dry finish. While these pearls are not the largest or the most evenly-rolled we've seen, we could not pass up the complex elegance of this tea and its quietly hypnotic jasmine fragrance. Fujian Jasmine Pearl is a treat for the jasmine lover and tea connoisseur alike.
wuyi da hong pao
- Da Hong Pao is an oolong tea from the WuYi Mountains in the Fujian province of China. It grows defiantly in the gaps of the mountain boulders, which endow it with the highly prized 'yan yun' or mineral 'rock taste.' Our premium-grade Wuyi Da Hong Pao offers rich aromas of roasted vegetables, sweet honey and wet stones. The liquor is equally intriguing, colored as warm peach brandy. Delicately spicy, robust and rounded texture, with pit-fruit flavors and subtle ripe peach juiciness. A truly thought-provoking cup.
formosa ali shan
- Ali Shan is a beautiful green oolong tea grown in the mountains of Taiwan, where high altitude slows plant growth, concentrating in its leaves great complexity and flavor. Its aroma is buttery and intoxicating floral, reminiscent of lilacs, the mark of an excellent green oolong. The golden-green liquor yields a layered, almost creamy cup, with notes of sweet honeysuckle and a whisper of dry finish. Prolong the enjoyment with multiple, short infusions. Like all fine oolongs, our Formosa Ali Shan may be steeped many times.
- Pouchong is a lightly-oxidized Taiwanese oolong, celebrated for its beguiling aroma. As relayed by a tea master, "if there's no fragrance, it's not worth the effort!" As such, our Masters-grade Pouching has a deep and inviting floral nose. The liquor is a pale golden-green color with melting-butter texture, uplifting floral notes and mild, succulent flavor. The sweet floral nose lingers long after the last sip. Luckily, our Formosa Pouchong offers a worthwhile second steeping, as its leaves continue to unfurl and release their treasures.
hsinchu oriental beauty
- Beautiful leaves of white, green, yellow, red and brown make up this top grade Formosa Oriental Beauty oolong from Hsinchu County, in northwestern Taiwan. Highly oxidized, yet super smooth, the layered cup offers much to delight. Summer fruits like peach and nectarine, with a soft sweetness of honey and dwell in these leaves. Our Hsinchu Oriental Beauty bears a clean mouthfeel that gently reveals each nuance like an unfolding blossom, and a slight mineral finish.